Forums Community Unable to save files in AxCrypt 2.1 Reply To: Unable to save files in AxCrypt 2.1

#3132 Reply

Duncan Prince

Hello Svante

I have a theory the reason why my files are not opening either from a desktop shortcut or from File Explorer is because they were created in an earlier version of AxCrypt.

My desktops were using this installation package:

AxCrypt-1.7.2614.0-x64-en-US

If I create a new Excel file and encrypt it using the latest AxCrypt package everything works just fine.

If this is the explanation how can I “convert” my existing files so they work in the same way. Should I decrypt then encrypt using the latest AxCrypt version for example?

In any event here are the steps I followed to reproduce the problem.

Version installed:

64-bit    AxCrypt-2.1.1393.0-x64.msi         AxCrypt 2             Full Setup

1.      Double click desktop shortcut (file stored on another Windows 10 Home PC in this homegroup)

2.      AxCrypt login password prompt displayed.

Password entered

3.      An instance of Excel is NOT launched

4.      AxCrypt GUI shows this:

File                              Time                                         Secured                                       Algorithm

email_lists.xlsx         19/05/2016 22:22:143       \\ADMIN-PC\Users\Publi…   AES-128-V1

5.      If I highlight the file, right click, then select Open the file opens in Excel.

Note: If I create a new file in the same location I can open the AxCrypt file with no problem – either from a desktop shortcut or from File Explorer.

Thanks,

Duncan