Forums Community AxCrypt security model may not match our requirements? Reply To: AxCrypt security model may not match our requirements?

#3618 Reply

Svante
Spectator

John,

Yes, I agree that if you need it for 10 persons it is more significant, although I do mean €2 at yearly rates. €24/year + VAT (not sure if you are VAT registred or not).

On the other hand, stay tuned, we have already discussed gratis Premium for registred charities, possibly eductional institutions etc. Right now, the problem is we don’t have any way to manage such things. It will likely be a part of the functionality of our upcoming business volume discount management, so then we may well decide to offer it for free to charities etc.

The password protection of Word and Excel is useful, but less strong than the Free version of AxCrypt. Still, it may well be sufficient for your needs, and for those documents it’s probably in many ways easier to use. I would not store for example medical information or other persons financial situation in a password protected Word-document, but certainly things of lesser importance.