Forums Help & support Is it safe to use the version 1.7.3180? Reply To: Is it safe to use the version 1.7.3180?

#4466 Reply

Svante
Spectator

Hello Dave,

It sounds like a perfect scenario for AxCrypt 2 key sharing, if I understand it correctly.

Here’s what I think:

You’re “Dave”. You share encrypted documents with “Alice”, “Bob” and “Charlie”.

You have (at least) 4 passwords to keep track of with AxCrypt 1, and “Alice”, “Bob” and “Charlie” has one, or possibly at least 2 if they also use AxCrypt for private data that for example you “Dave” should not have access to.

That’s pretty complicated.

With AxCrypt 2, you instead share the keys to the file with for example “alice@home.com”, “bob@gmail.com” and “charlie@me.com”. You’re “dave@you.com”.

You use one password to sign in to your “dave@you.com” AxCrypt ID. When you open any file, regardelss of if they are shared with Alice, Bob or Charlie, it opens wihtout further ado using your sign in password.

When you send or share the actual shared file with Alice, Bob or Charlie, they sign in to their AxCrypt ID with their own passwords, which you do not know.

Now, everyone can access exactly what they should – you can access all files in this group, while Alice, Bob and Charlie can only access their own files and the ones you have shared the keys with.

Therefor, 1 password is enough. Per person.