Forums Bugs & issues Can't open existing Axcrypt files with latest version of Axcrypt Reply To: Can't open existing Axcrypt files with latest version of Axcrypt

#4712 Reply

Richard Long

Svante,

I did not try a different PFD viewer, such as Adobe or the one within Chrome browaser becasue both lack a feature that EDGE has, specifically allowing me to display all the files in ky folder when saving a file so I can get the new file I am saving with a similar name. However, I did try DOC and WK1 files and they both worked fine.

Re to the APPDATA screen images I sent. More than one AxCrypt process remains open after an error, but NOT the application that would have been used. If I try to signout of Windows, I receive an error that some application is still using AxCrytped file. If I choose to signout anyway, the appdata remains permanently.  After interogation all  files re AxCryprt on my PC, I discovered that V2 Logs are still available in appdata\local\temp for 11/20 despite removing V2.  These correspond to the day of errors and postings above. If you want them tell me how to send them. I see no attachment of file option on posts.

I have updated to most recent V1.7 release now and running fine. Looking forward to V2 changes to remove requirement for LOGON and an option to KeepTimeStamp the same as inside file.