Forums Bugs & issues Auto sign out options

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yehuda 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Yehuda

This is more of a suggestion than a bug, but this seemed like the best place to put it.

I see that the software automatically signs out when the screensaver starts or the user is locked. Maybe these could be options that we can choose. For example, Lastpass for Applications has the following settings:

Thanks!

#3496 Reply

Svante
    Keymaster

Thank you Yehuda!

Here’s the thing – we’re allergic (at least very sensitive) to options. We think software should try to work as well as possible without options as far as it is at all possible. Also, we don’t want to re-invent any wheels.

All of these options and settings actually exist – in your screen saver settings. Since we *really*, *really* recommend that a password protected screen saver is always used, regardless of the use of AxCrypt or not, this would be a duplication of features already existing.

So, while I really appreciate you taking the time, in this particular case I stand by our active decision not to have this as an option. At least so far – I’m always open for new takes on old situations!

Svante

#3497 Reply

Yehuda

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I definitely hear what you’re saying, but it is precisely because of what you said that I’m requesting this.

I have my computer set to lock after a very short time of inactivity. But then AxCrypt signs out after this short period as well. Signing into AxCrypt is far more tedious, since I use a randomly generated 100 character password stored in LastPass. I am far less worried about someone gaining access to my physical computer than gaining access to my files stored in the cloud, hence the encryption.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Auto sign out options
Your information: