Forums Community Basic vs Premium "secure folders"

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • #3548 Reply

Stephen Steinberg

Just starting, NICE WORK-   trying to understand the function of “secure folders” in basic vs Premium

1. the MyAxCrypt folders that are generated by the installation, or by using the “advanced”  “add a secure folder” function-  all seem to function in the same way—- by right clicking, I can encrypt the files within the folder;  if I drag and drop into the “secure” folder, the file does not appear to encrypt unless I either right click and encrypt it directly, or do the same for the parent folder-

my questions is —am I missing some function the “Premium” provides?   what action above will go away with the end  of the premium trial?

thank you

#3549 Reply

What should happen with the secured folders feature is that if you create a new file there, AxCrypt will ‘see’ it and allow you to encrypt it with a single click of the ‘Broom’, which should turn red. You can also do this from the menu.

#3555 Reply

Stephen Steinberg

thanks-  is that a “premium” function that will go away after the trial period, or the “standard” function?…the real questions being:    When the trial is over and I’m working with the “standard” version ….if I “right click” on a folder, will there be the option of encrypting/decrypting  all of the files within that folder? OR….. If I “select” all, will I be able to “batch mode” encrypt/decrypt?

thank you

#3556 Reply

Hello Stephen,

You can still encrypt many files in a single operation with the Free version, for example via right-click.

#3916 Reply

Gerald Lerman

To take this feature a little further, I would like to see the secure folders automatically encrypt and optionally rename files. I want to set up some automated copy processes and would like the files to be encrypted in the destination directory when copied. Any plans for this?

#3940 Reply

Hello Gerald,

We originally implemented Secure Folders like that. Unfortunately, there’s no way for AxCrypt to know ‘who’ or ‘why’ a file is created in the secured folder, and this caused serious problems.

A simple exampe:

You start Word, type some text, save your document in a ‘Secure Folder’. Boom – it get’s encrypted automatically. Word is now very confused, but it’s perception is that the file it just saved, just got deleted. Which it did. But it doesn’t have a clue that it’s now in AxCrypt-encrypted format.

Many similar situations caused us to abandon the automatic encryption, and instead have the ‘clean up’ broom so *you* decide when it’s time to encrypt the new files.

While we’re not there yet, plans include a really good command line AxCrypt that could be used for scenarios like yours, but for now, sorry – we don’t support it fully.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Basic vs Premium "secure folders"
Your information:

Upload Images

Drag & drop, tap, or click