Forums Help & support Can't open my files??

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Janae 7 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Eddie

Hi,

I can log in as normal on Axcrypt however when I want to open a file it asked for the password again which it says is incorrect.  Now I can’t access my files and am stuck…Please help!

#4631 Reply

Eddie

Ok it seems I have forgotten my original password that I need to open my files… Can you help me reset this so that I can access my files.

When I reset my password it doesn’t help for the files.

#4634 Reply

eldernerd

Had the same problem!  Ended up uninstalling new version of AxCrypt and reinstalling the previous version I was using.

#4636 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Eddie & Eldernerd,

We cannot reset a password to regain access to a file where the original password is forgotten. That is what AxCrypt is about – strong encryption without backdoors. If you don’t have the password, neither you, nor we nor anyone else can decrypt the file.

Reinstalling an old version of AxCrypt will not help either. I’m not sure Eldernerd, just what your situation is – but you did not have the same problem as Eddie who has a forgotten password. Without more information it’s hard to say exactly what the issue was, but we’ll be happy to help you out if you’ll give some more information, preferably screenshots.

#4643 Reply

Eddie

Good news!!  I remembered my password!!!

Wow I was so scared I would have lost all my files as I literally used AxCrypt on them all.  Note to self and others, DO NOT FORGET PASSWORD.

#4647 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Great to hear Eddie! You are so right: DO NOT FORGET PASSWORD! That’s what encryption is all about – no password, no files. No password reset possible.

Good luck!

#5495 Reply

Anonymous

I installed Axcrypt free trial version, selected password and used it without a glitch for two weeks now. Suddently Axcrypt encrypted files cannot be opened. I have NOT forgotten my password.  What do you suggest I do?

#5498 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Anonymous,

Please send a support request to support@axcrypt.net, and include screen shots showing both the file(s) in question listed in Windows Explorer with details, and another showing the error message you’re getting from AxCrypt.

#5738 Reply

Janae

Hello,

I’ve been using Axcrypt for well over a year. I opened an Axcrypt encrypted file this morning, but now I can’t open any of my encrypted files. The pop-up window to enter the password isn’t even popping up anymore. Right clicking and trying to open that way doesn’t work either. I’m not sure what happened or how to fix it.

#5739 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Janae,

Please send screen shots of the situation, along with a detailed description of what happened, and what does not happen now to support att axcrypt dott net.

#5740 Reply

Janae

I tried restarting my computer and that seemed to fix the problem.  Thank you though!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Can't open my files??
Your information: