Forums Community Does v1.7 work in WIndows 10?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pascal 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #3423 Reply

I have been using axcrypt for a while. I now will upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I wanted to know if v1.7 works in Windows 10.

(I don’t want to upgrade to axcrypt 2, mainly because we have one family computer, and I don’t want to start using different Windows accounts just to make sure our kids can’t access our encrypted files – that is what I understand from v2.)

#3424 Reply

Yes, AxCrypt 2.1 and 1.7 works fine on Windows 10.

You should regardless use different accounts for your family members, both for convenience and some aspects of security – even within the famile. Different accounts separates not only AxCrypt, but e-mail, browsing history etc etc.

Also, you can absolutely use AxCrypt with a single Windows account if you insist, as long as you either sign-out (like you need to do with for example e-mail), or just just let the screen saver go active.

#3426 Reply

Thank you for your quick reply and for the good news about v1.7.

Given that we only encrypt 3 files (0ne with my personal data, one with my wife’s personal data [those two share the same password] and one with the personal data of my sister-in-law for when she uses our computer), using v1.7 continues to be much simpler for us.

But I will remember what you say about v2 if we ever start using different accounts.

And thank you for your software. It’s the only encryption software I have ever used, so I can’t really compare it to others, but it does exactly what we need it to do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Does v1.7 work in WIndows 10?
Your information:

Upload Images

Drag & drop, tap, or click