Forums Help & support Opening .axx file on a mac

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Benoit 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jessica

Hi,

My windows-using coworker sent me (mac user) an AxCrypt file (.axx).  I understand that AxCrypt does not yet have a version for mac.  Is there any way for me to open the file they sent me on a mac?

Thanks!

#4467 Reply

Svante
    Keymaster

Hello Jessica,

Unfortunately, right now we don’t have a Mac version :-(

I’m afraid you’ll have to find a Windows computer to open the file. Sorry, but we’re working on this.

#4541 Reply

Patrick

To follow up on this, I see that you say on your site a Mac version is in development, is there any indication as to when we can expect this version? Because I really like AxCrypt as it is on Windows, but I do need an encryption tool that also works on Mac.

#4546 Reply

Svante
    Keymaster

Hello Patrick,

We’re in the final phases of development for mobile apps right now, they are in internal beta.

Then we’re aiming for a Mac OS X version during Q1 2017.

#4629 Reply

Benoit

Hi Svante,

While waiting for the OS X version, may you give us a “OpenSSL” like command to encrypt and decrypt correctly axx files according to your spec ? You certainly got those kind of test for your developments.

This will be very helpful to proceed to script and batch our “axx files managment”.

Thanks a lot.

Benoit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Opening .axx file on a mac
Your information: