Forums Help & support Opening .axx file on a mac

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Grandpa 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Jessica

Hi,

My windows-using coworker sent me (mac user) an AxCrypt file (.axx).  I understand that AxCrypt does not yet have a version for mac.  Is there any way for me to open the file they sent me on a mac?

Thanks!

#4467 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Jessica,

Unfortunately, right now we don’t have a Mac version :-(

I’m afraid you’ll have to find a Windows computer to open the file. Sorry, but we’re working on this.

#4541 Reply

Patrick

To follow up on this, I see that you say on your site a Mac version is in development, is there any indication as to when we can expect this version? Because I really like AxCrypt as it is on Windows, but I do need an encryption tool that also works on Mac.

#4546 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Patrick,

We’re in the final phases of development for mobile apps right now, they are in internal beta.

Then we’re aiming for a Mac OS X version during Q1 2017.

#4629 Reply

Benoit

Hi Svante,

While waiting for the OS X version, may you give us a “OpenSSL” like command to encrypt and decrypt correctly axx files according to your spec ? You certainly got those kind of test for your developments.

This will be very helpful to proceed to script and batch our “axx files managment”.

Thanks a lot.

Benoit

#5593 Reply

Chris

We’re near the tail end of Q1 2017 – please don’t let this date slip as is so common!

#5597 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Benoit,

So many things we want to do… Yes, a command line version is also on the to-do list!

#5598 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Chris,

We might not make Q1 2017 quite, but we are working full time on it now!

#6230 Reply

Mike

Do you have a version that works on both MAC OS and Windows yet?

#6231 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Mike,

Not quite, quite yet…. We just started the internal beta this week. We’re planning going public with the beta within a week or two.

#6496 Reply

Anonymous

Any updates to when it will be available on Mac?

#6497 Reply

BENOIT LEGER

Hi Svante,

More than a AxCrypt CLI, I meant if you can send us a OpenSSL EQUIVALENT command that can decrypt a axx file (with OpenSSL not with AxCrypt) ?

This will be very helpful to proceed to script and batch our “axx files managment”.

Thanks a lot.

Benoit

#6499 Reply

Bertie

Benoit, there are no OpenSSL equivalent commands do batch decrypt files in AxCrypt.

AxCrypt 1.7 had a command line interface but AxCrypt 2 doesn’t as of yet. You could suggest this to AxCrypt although I don’t know how popular such a request is and thus how feasible it would be for them to provide it.

You could create a Windows virtual machine from your Mac because that’d allow you to decrypt your files – although not in bulk.

The other option is to use something open source and cross platform like GPG Tools on Mac and Gpg4win for Windows. That wouldn’t allow you to decrypt AxCrypt files bit it would allow you to share between Mac, Windows PC, Windows Phone, iOS, Android, Blackberry and Linux.

#6502 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Anonymous,

We’re hoping to get a Mac beta out this week, or early next week.

#6986 Reply

Cam

Is the AXX app for Mac avail? How Do I download it?

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Opening .axx file on a mac
Your information: