Forums Help & support Passwords versus keys

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ken Schiff

In v.1, I used a key to encrypt the files. I kept my key–a 128 character randomly generated string–on a flashdrive which I plugged in when I needed it. I never had to type it. And I never could have…

In v.2, there’s a password. But that has to be typed in. So my 128 character randomly generated string can’t be practically used.

Am I missing something? If I’m not, is the installation file for v.1 available for download?

#4258 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Ken,

We’ve actually dropped the key file concept for version 2 for now, because of it’s limited use. It’s not a bad thing, just not worth the trouble for most users.

In the the future we’re likely to accept various kinds of tokens that can carry a secret key such as Yubikey and possibly smartphones. We might consider USB drives, i.e. key files also but for now we don’t support this.

Yes, you can still download version 1. Go to http://www.axantum.com/ and chose downloads.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Passwords versus keys
Your information: