Forums Bugs & issues Serious problem with this app

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John

I just upgraded to the new version 2.1.1481.0 and found out that when I decrypt files and folders, a copy of those unencrypted files and folders are stored in the hidden C:\Users\user name\AppData folder.  Even after I restart my OS the unencrypted files and folders are still in the AppData folder.  Is this not poor security?  Anyone with Admin privleges can access those files.

#4832 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello John!

Files will not be stored in the temporary folder, if you decrypt them. However, if you open the encrypted file via AxCrypt, it has to be decrypted and temporarily stored somewhere – and that’s the location you’re seeing. When you sign out of AxCrypt, or use the red “broom” icon to clean, or in many cases when you exit the application the temporary copies will be deleted.

This is no different from how AxCrypt has always worked, with the slight modification that sometimes you do need to use the red “broom” icon. This change was forced because of other problems with keeping track of when to re-encrypt and wipe the temporaries in AxCrypt version 1.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Serious problem with this app
Your information: