Forums Bugs & issues Unexpected Error message, cant open files

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Svante 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Andy

When I try to open a document that has been secured I get a box that is labeled “Unexpected Error” inside the box it says “Exception during processing of “. [Source array was not long enough. Check srcindex and length, and the array’s lower bounds.]

Can’t seem to remove encryption or open the document, rebooted several times, same thing

#3672 Reply

Svante
    Keymaster

Hello Andy,

What version of AxCrypt are you running, and can you send:

1) A screen shot.

2) Enable File | Options | Debug. Then in the Debug menu select Error Report Snapshot, and follow the instructions there?

Svante

#3673 Reply

Andy

Version 2.1.1399.0

———– Exception at 2016-07-05 15:04:29Z ———–
    System.ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array’s lower bounds.
    at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Header.V2AsymmetricKeyWrapHeaderBlock.Crypto(Int64 keyStreamOffset)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.V2AxCryptDocument.Load(IAsymmetricPrivateKey privateKey, Guid cryptoId, Headers headers)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.AxCryptFactory.CreateDocument(IEnumerable`1 decryptionParameters, Stream inputStream)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.AxCryptFactory.FindDecryptionParameter(IEnumerable`1 decryptionParameters, IDataStore encryptedFileInfo)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.Extensions.DataStoreExtensions.TryFindPassphrase(IDataStore fileInfo, Guid& cryptoId)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.TryFindDecryptionKey(IDataStore fileInfo, FileOperationEventArgs e)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<OpenAxCryptDocumentAsync>d__49.MoveNext()
    — End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DecryptAndLaunchPreparationAsync>d__44.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<RunSequentiallyAsync>d__53.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DoFileAsync>d__52.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.FileOperationsController.<DecryptAndLaunchAsync>d__35.MoveNext()
    at Axantum.AxCrypt.Core.UI.ViewModel.FileOperationViewModel.<OpenEncryptedWorkAsync>d__67.MoveNext()

#3674 Reply

Andy

Just removed and reloaded with the latest version on the website. no change

#3677 Reply

Andy

Tried an old version just to try and get my files unlocked but it will not work since I locked them with a newer version. Hopefully you can provide an answer or solution.

#3678 Reply

Svante
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you please contact me via email:

svante dott seleborg att axcrypt dott net

(att and dott mispellings deliberate, replace with the obvious)

#3692 Reply

Andy

Just downloaded the latest version 2.1.1409.0 and I am back to normal! Thank You Svante for the quick fix and for all the help.

#3695 Reply

Svante
    Keymaster

Glad to hear it, and thank you for helping me diagnosing this issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Unexpected Error message, cant open files
Your information: