Download AxCrypt and install as instructed by the standard installation wizard. Here is a step by step video we created for you to follow along.
A few key things to note during your installation process:
- In order to use AxCrypt you will need to create an account.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of AxCrypt, you may need to restart your computer.
- Verify that the download is undamaged and authentic by checking the digital signature. Right-click the downloaded file in Windows Explorer, and select ‘Properties’ and the ‘Digital Signatures’ tab. Then select the digital signature and click ‘Details’. Ensure that the digital signature is shown as ‘OK’ and that the signer is ‘AxCrypt AB’.
Starting AxCrypt for the first time
- Ensure you have an Internet connection – The first time AxCrypt is started on a device, internet access is required.
- Register your email address, if you have not done that already.
- Activate your account – A verification link and code will be sent to the email address provided. You cannot use your account until the activation process is complete.
- You can now use AxCrypt’s basic features for free! Additional features are available if you subscribe to AxCrypt Premium.
Here are some of the exciting features you get when you complete the account activation process:
- Ability to let others open the same secured document using their own password without any prior arrangement.
- You can change your password for all secured documents in one single step.
- You have a password manager to store and manage all your passwords in one convenient place.
Open a free account today, and try our rich new features in AxCrypt 2.x!
If you have any burning issues or questions, check our frequently asked questions page.