Forums Help & support old version of AXCrypt versus new one Reply To: old version of AXCrypt versus new one

#10832 Reply

Svante
Spectator

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your input!

To download the old, version 1, go to http://www.axantum.com/, click on the logo top left to enter the site and then to the download page. (Direct links to the download page *will* redirect to the new version 2 download page.)

I must agree with Harry on one point, when you say that it’s a problem that you “must remember this complicated password you force the user to create” that you should reconsider your use of encryption.

There’s no point in using encryption software with a weak, easy-to-guess password. It might make you feel safe, but you’re not. The point with requiring at least a reasonably strong password with AxCrypt 2 is just that – to make it very clear that a strong password is required for the software to have any effect!

On another pont I’ll disagree with Harry – has far as I know AxCrypt 1 does work with Windows 10, the latest version of Windows. However – we don’t test it, we don’t verify it, we don’t maintain it and we don’t support it.