Forums Bugs & issues Reset my password but still cannot encrypt due to wrong password Reply To: Reset my password but still cannot encrypt due to wrong password

#10951 Reply

Azhaguraja B
Keymaster

Hello Jenny,

When signing in to the AxCrypt app, you have to use the AxCrypt account password(which was used to sign in the AxCrypt account site).

Still if you are trying with the same password(wrong/old password), then the AxCrypt app will not allow you to sign in to your AxCrypt account.

I think you perhaps are not careful enough when you type the password – or you are not aware that upper and lower case characters are different, and spaces and accents are significant when typing the password. For example, it seems you are typing your email address differently with upper and lower case when signing in to the web and the app (this does not matter as such, but it’s an indication of different usage in the different situations).

I suggest you use the ‘show password’ option in both the web and the app, and ensure that what is type is truly identical. This means having the same casing, the same spacing, the same umlauts and accents etc. The following passwords are all different:

Not4real!Secrets

not4real!Secrets

not4real! Secrets

nôt4real!Secrets

not4real!Sècrets

So please use the correct password to sign in to the AxCrypt app.

A final note, Password Reset is not a way to recover encrypted files! It’s only to allow you to sign in to the AxCrypt app and web.