Forums Bugs & issues Axcrypt has stopped responding to encryption command Reply To: Axcrypt has stopped responding to encryption command

#10959 Reply

Calisson

I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM!

I noticed something particular: Axcrypt still would encrypt .docx and .pdf tiles, for example. What it would not encrypt is a particular kind of file that it was able to encrypt perfectly well until 7/2/18. This file contains sensitive data from a therapy billing program and is in *.bak format. It contains data from a therapy billing program called Office Therapy, and I have to back up my data daily, and encrypt it for HIPAA reasons. I don’t know why Axcrypt suddenly on 7/2/18 stopped being able to back up this particular file format.

HOWEVER I found that if I copy this file from its original SQL database folder onto my desktop, or into Dropbox, Axcrypt encrypts it without difficulty! Somehow in its native location there was some new restriction, but by moving the file I found a workaround which will be adequate.

In the future if anyone who uses Office Therapy writes saying they cannot encrypt their *.bak backup files, they can copy the file to their desktop (or somewhere else) and encrypt it in that location.

Calisson