Forums Help & support AX 1.7.3156 Failed to startup. Faulting application path. Reply To: AX 1.7.3156 Failed to startup. Faulting application path.

#11018 Reply

Milan

Hello Svante,

Yes, I have rebooted my PC and reinstalled AxCrypt several times while clearing any AxCrypt remains in between (in fact, the app does not require to reboot). I even tried to install AxCrypt-1.7.3180.0 with no success. Where is the AxCrypt temporary folder located please? In the Windows %temp%, in my case c:\Users\milan\AppData\Local\Temp\axcrypt1? It is empty now.

It is a good point about locking files. But what is locked and where? There are quite a few background processes in the OS but nothing suspicious. I can paste and copy the list if necessary.

While trying AxCrypt I make sure to test it on a simple *.txt file placed on desktop to avoid any priviliges problems.

I just rebooted in Safe Mode without networking and voilà – AxCrypt worked. I understand something has changed in Windows 10 environment (terrible OS) but I can’t figure out what blocks AxCrypt and why clean unistall and reinstall doesn’t help.

Thanks again, I am becoming desperate.

Milan