Forums Bugs & issues App not accessing latest version of Google Drive file Reply To: App not accessing latest version of Google Drive file

#11144 Reply

Dij

Hi there,

Again, I’m not seeing the latest reply in this thread, but received the email. So, I’m quoting it here:

from Azhaguraja B

You should remove the file from the recent(recently opened) files list(if you opened the same file earlier) to access/open the updated encrypted file from the AxCrypt app.

You can remove the file from the list by long pressing on the file and clicking Remove file option.

Now open the updated encrypted file using the AxCrypt unlock icon.

If the above does not help, please do the following workaround,

Sign in to the AxCrypt app and Go to the file location in the Google Drive

Long press on the updated encrypted file and then click the settings icon(three horizontal dots on the right top corner).

Choose the Open In option in the context menu and then select AxCrypt from the app list.

Now your updated file will be opened in the corresponding application and teh same file will be added in the recent files list.

Yes, I had already removed it several times using the long click method.

But the following (with a few changes, as perhaps your version of the app(s) is/are different from mine??)  method worked:

If the above does not help, please do the following workaround,

Sign in to the AxCrypt app. and

Remove the file from the list by long pressing on the file and clicking Remove file option.

Go to the file location in the Google Drive

Long press on the updated encrypted file within Google Driveclick the settings icon(three horizontal dots on the right top corner).

Choose the Open In option in the context menu and then select AxCrypt from the app list.

Now your updated file will be opened in the corresponding application and teh same file will be added in the recent files list.

Thank you so much for this. My next step was to delete the app and reinstall, which I really didn’t want to do.