Forums Help & support Cannot remove protection–Axcrypt says file is open in another program Reply To: Cannot remove protection–Axcrypt says file is open in another program

#12165 Reply

Chuck

Hello Svante

Thank you so much for your reply.  I will look at the resources you suggested.  Is this a common issue?  Something locking a file, preventing Axcrypt from removing protection?  I am new to Axcrypt and exploring the features/use.  Unfortunately, I could not find a “user manual”.  It appears to me that the only difference between the standalone version (which I am using) and installer version is the right-click functionality–and perhaps installation on the start menu? Is that correct?  And in if installed with the installer, I presume there will be an uninstall routine available in control panel?

I also want to better understand what added functionality the subscription model brings.  The FAQs mention that it is because there is server access.  Is that just for storing passwords and sharing files? And is there a limit to server storage?   Or, are any of my files uploaded routinely too the server or do they remain local at all time?   If I do not need sharing or password storage, perhaps the standalone is sufficient.  Trying to get an understanding of just what added functionality comes with (1) installer free version and (2) subscription version.

Thanks so much for your assistance.