Forums Help & support How can I make use of export/import public sharing key or Axcrpyt ID ? Reply To: How can I make use of export/import public sharing key or Axcrpyt ID ?

#13381 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Raymond,

You can export and share your AxCrypt public key. But not other public keys. AxCrypt will accept and work with AxCrypt generated public keys only.

If you are trying to decrypt/open the someone’s AxCrypt encrypted file, then you needs the someone’s file password which was used for file encryption.

There is no need to share passwords in order to send or share files securely with others. AxCrypt has a key sharing feature letting you add recipients by email address, who when they receive the file can open it with their own AxCrypt password.

AxCrypt Key Sharing is a Premium(paid) feature. But you can use it as a free via Key Management.

AxCrypt app having the feature called Key Management. Using this feature, you can export your public keys and import some other AxCrypt user’s public keys to share the encrypted file to others.

You can export your public sharing key from the AxCrypt app menu File | Key Management | Export My Public Sharing Key.

After exporting your public key, you need to send the key file to the 3rd party peoples(who is going to share and send the file with you).

Now 3rd party people need to import your public key file to their AxCrypt app using the menu option File | Key Management | Import Someone’s Public Sharing Key.

Please note: If you reset your AxCrypt account password, then again you should export your public key again and share it with them.