Forums Help & support How can I make use of export/import public sharing key or Axcrpyt ID ? Reply To: How can I make use of export/import public sharing key or Axcrpyt ID ?

#14065 Reply

Ax

Thank you for your reply, no need to apologize. I probably need to apologize to you, because I’m just getting more confused!

Your opening sentence: If someone is trying to decrypt your AxCrypt encrypted file, then he/she needs your file password which was used for file encryption. Without the file password, nobody can decrypt the encrypted files.

You then go on to explain about key sharing and that you don’t recommend sending someone their password, but when I asked about the Public Sharing key you said the other person ‘still’ needs my password.

So maybe a more direct question would be: As a free user, at the moment, what is the safest way for me to send an encrypted file to someone if you do not recommend I send them my password?

I understand the Premium service options; but I’m simply trying to understand the safest way for me to send an encrypted file to someone ‘without’ using any of the Premium features.

If the only way for me to send an encrypted file to someone is to also send them my account password please just tell me that.

Thank you again.