Forums Help & support How can I make use of export/import public sharing key or Axcrpyt ID ? Reply To: How can I make use of export/import public sharing key or Axcrpyt ID ?

#14099 Reply

Azhaguraja B
Keymaster

Hello Ax,

AxCrypt key sharing is a premium feature.

Free subscription users can use Key Management feature to send the encrypted file(s) to other users without sending the file password.

As per my colleague, Prabhu replied in the earlier of this forum,

Using Key Management feature, we can export our public keys and import some other AxCrypt user’s public keys to share the encrypted file to others.

We can export our public sharing key from the AxCrypt app menu File | Key Management | Export My Public Sharing Key.

After exporting our public key, we need to send the public key file to the 3rd party peoples(who is going to share and send the file with us).

Now, 3rd party people will import our public key file to their AxCrypt app using the menu option File | Key Management | Import Someone’s Public Sharing Key.

After importing the public key file, the user email will be displayed in the key sharing known contact list. Now the sender can key share the file with the known contacts.

For example: If you want to send the file to User-A,

Step 1: Ask the User-A to export and send the public key file to you.
Step 2: After getting the User-A’s public key, import the same into your AxCrypt app.
Step 3: Now select the file and choose Share Keys option in the right-click context menu.
Step 4: Then select the user from the known contacts list and click Share and Ok.
Step 5: Send the shared encrypted file to User A via email, drive or etc.

Please check out our video tutorials at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoSoXBjq6iCG5232fHoWStA and our other documentation at https://forum.axcrypt.net/information/get-started/ to get started with AxCrypt.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Azhaguraja B.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Azhaguraja B.