Forums Bugs & issues encrypted files showing up un-encrypted in C:\users Reply To: encrypted files showing up un-encrypted in C:\users

#4133 Reply

John Little

I’ve spent some time playing with this problem and I believe I’ve found 2 things that are significant. What I’m doing is simply opening (not decrypting) a photo that I previously encrypted. It doesn’t seem to matter whether I open it by double-clicking or by right-clicking and choosing AxCrypt>open.

1) Sometimes the photo opens twice. (Two separate windows with the photo in each window.) When that happens, there are 2 entries in the \Axcrypt folder under C:\Users. Weird but not so much of a problem since both the entries in the \AxCrypt folder go away when I close the photos.

2) But sometimes the photo opens only once, as it should, but there are two entries in the \AxCrypt folder, both containing the same photo. When I close the photo, only one of the entries in the \Axcrypt folder goes away!

Most of the time things work as they should, but occasionally I get this, and I think it would explain what happened to me.