Forums Bugs & issues File sharing problems with AxCrypt Reply To: File sharing problems with AxCrypt

#4161 Reply

Thiago (tmzani)

Svante,

Thanks for your response.

Here are my comments:

> Do you open the files via Windows Explorer, or the AxCrypt Recent Files view?

Mostly via Windows Explorer.

> Are the files in AxCrypt 2 format and open without further password prompts when you are signed in to AxCrypt 2?

Yes, the exception is an old text file that is kept under v1 — I have manually forced AxCrypt not to convert to v2.

> I’m wondering if the following could be what happens:

> 1) You open the file.
> 2) You edit and save it. AxCrypt has the broom icon red and active.
> 3) You close and restart AxCrypt, or the scren saver goes active and AxCrypt actually cleans and clears the broom.
> 4) You still have the file open in the editor, and now you resave it. Now it may be possible to have it both in the temporary location and AxCrypt considers itself clean.

Not actually. I’ve just run into the problem right now:

1) Opened the XLSX file via Windows Explorer

2) I’ve made modifications and press the “save” button – Excel warned me that it was unable to make any modifications due to a file sharing violation.

3) I’ve opened the AxCrypt Recent Files view and part of the files are missing (I had at least 4 files and there are only 2).

The problem is occurring frequently — please feel free to request me any other information that can help you fix the problem (I am considering migrating our password mgmt functionality to AxCrypt but I am waiting for it to become more stable).

Thanks again,

Thiago