Just wanted to let you know that we’re listening to exiting version 1 user’s input on version 2. Although we’ve not made everything just like it was, we’ve tried to improve version 2 in various ways to make existing users feel more at home.
Here are some things we’ve done recently up until AxCrypt 2.1.1474 (and later):
– It can run entirely without Internet connection, ever. We don’t recommend it, but you can.
– The “sign in” dialog is more compact and less intrusive.
– The main Window state is remembered, so if you minimize it it will usually stay minimized and never show unless you ask for it.
– The tray icon now actually has some functions, such as sign in / sign out / exit / show main window.
– The Windows Explorer context menu has a “sign out” function.
We *do* still want you to register an email address (but that’s all), and we’re still for now committed to the one-password model for your files. We’ve written a couple of longer discussions about various things that are new in version 2:
If you’ve tried version 2 before as an existing user and have had concerns, why not give it a new try? Download from http://www.axcrypt.net/download/ .
Still have feedback to give? Bring it on! We want to hear from you.