Forums Bugs & issues Can't open existing Axcrypt files with latest version of Axcrypt Reply To: Can't open existing Axcrypt files with latest version of Axcrypt

#4691 Reply

Richard Long

Continuing with the PDF failure, I also noticed that unlike V1 where I could force Axcrypt via a command to always use the DATE of the file when created/modified rather than the date encrypted. This is important to me in my file management process where I take incremental backups depending on the date and also when scanning to find an old file that no lopnger shows up as old file but newly-encrypted file. How do I get it back to doing what V1 did? Did I miss documentation for V2 discussing KEEPING the original file creation dates? Or did the feature/command go away?

And while you are looking into these problems, how can I revert back to V1 Beta if these issues can’t be resolved? I still have the msi file for 1.7.2893.0-x64-en-US-Beta, but what do I have to do and how to do it re now encrypted via V2 files? Must I decrypt everything via V2 then reinstall V1? And are you sure this will work? I have years and years of V1 encrypted files.