Forums Bugs & issues Can't open existing Axcrypt files with latest version of Axcrypt Reply To: Can't open existing Axcrypt files with latest version of Axcrypt

#4708 Reply

Svante
Spectator

Hello Richard,

Thanks for all the input  – but there was a lot of it so I might miss to respond to something.

The problem with first time opening of PDF and Edge needs investigation. Are you sure it has anything to do with Edge? We’ll look into that.

That you find decrypted files in %localappdata% is normal as long as AxCrypt is running. They should be cleaned up when you really exit them, and they should be marked as ‘open’ in the recent files view and the red ‘broom’ (clean up) icon should be lit to inform you that you have decrypted files open in AxCrypt.

The most recent version of AxCrypt 1.7 is available for download at http://www.axantum.com/ (it is more updated than the version you refer to), and we have no plans on making it unavailable.

We have no known issues with decrypting V1 files with V2. But, as an insurance, we still offer version 1 as mentioned and will continue to do so.

The file time stamp issue I believe we have discussed elsewhere – if not, let me know and I’ll copy that thread here.