Forums Community 3 questions re Windows 10 + 2 users on 1 system + file shredding Reply To: 3 questions re Windows 10 + 2 users on 1 system + file shredding

#4851 Reply

Bruce

Wow Svante – that was a quick answer – thank you!  I am still a bit confused about your response.  Here’s why:

We have been using 1.7.2976 so we are familiar with it and how to use it on a Windows Vista desktop and a Windows 7 laptop.  It works perfectly on both.  We only use it for 2 basic simple functions that perfectly fit our needs:

1.  to encrypt our separate password files with a different password which neither person can access; this allows us to use all the other data files on the computer that we both create except for these 2 password files; and

2.  file shredding.

These are the only 2 functions that I want the program to do and which version 1.7.2976 does simply and perfectly.  However, it appears by your answer that new version 2 does not offer either function.  As I understand your answer, you are saying that:

1.  yes, you can install old versions 1.7.2976 and 1.7.3156 on a new desktop running Windows 10 64 bit OS

2.  I am totally confused by your answer # 2 above where I think you appear to say that, under free version 2, you cannot encrypt separate files with a different password for each user (?), but then you confuse me by saying that, under free version 2, each user can have his own individual password (??).  I do not understand these 2 apparently contradictory statements.  Can you explain how version 2 can work so that each of us can secure/encrypt our separate password files so that the other cannot access it?  If each user has an individual password, how can that prevent that user from accessing the other person’s password file?

3.  free version 2 does not offer file shredding at the present time

4.  does free version 1.7.3156 offer these same 2 functions as free version 1.7.2976?