Forums Bugs & issues Cannot use AxCrypt to keep my local files secure from other local people Reply To: Cannot use AxCrypt to keep my local files secure from other local people

#4957 Reply

Paddy

Svante – could you not consider a situation where a family uses the same computer “hot-seating”, one uses it, another takes his or her place.  The computer is run as administrator, separate accounts have not been set up.  They feel there is no need to do so.

Dad would like to create a separate Excel worksheet showing all his banking passwords, user names, banking account numbers even PIN numbers.

Mum wants to create an Access document to record details of her florist business.

His son would like to create a Word table with all his passwords, contacts, URLs for web sites etc.

None of the three would like the other two to have access to their information……….

With AxCrypt 1 each of the above would have been able to create their own document and encrypt it with their own password.  Unfortunately with AxCrypt 2 this is not possible.

Certainly to me the functions in AxCrypt 1 seem far  more sensible and I wonder why you removed them?

I installed AxCrypt 2 today because I was getting many errors with AxCrypt 1 when trying to make changes to Word or Access documents and on trying to save them I would get a file error message.

I’ve not encountered the file error message in AxCrypt 2 but I feel that I have lost the individual control I had with AxCrypt 1.  It was no hardship to me to open files individually and enter the separate passwords.