Forums › Help & support › File password needed – I never set one though. Please Help!!! › Reply To: File password needed – I never set one though. Please Help!!!
I’m an AxCrypt user and I doubt their support staff will be working over Christmas so I’ll try and answer your question.
I can tell you of two things to do which may help you recover your files:
- Did you originally encrypt it with AxCrypt v1.7?
- If so, type in that password.
- Now you’re using AxCrypt 2 (I assume) you’ll have been asked for another password
- Give that one a try, if the other password that you originally used doesn’t work.
- If you’ve forgotten your password then there’s no way to decrypt your files.
- It’d defeat the whole purpose of encryption if this was possible.