Forums Community Will I lose access to my files if my AxCrypt ID account is hacked? Reply To: Will I lose access to my files if my AxCrypt ID account is hacked?

#5206 Reply

Gene

Hello, – Svante….. I am very hopeful that you can clear up my confusion and concern.

I have just received the email message that follows below. I have used the terrific FREE version of Axcrypt for YEARS now. I do not understand what is being spoken of (ID account, etc.) in the message, BUT I cannot afford to lose my file access because of some misunderstood “signup” for “anything”. What I mean is that I did not ever intentionally sign up for anything. I MIGHT have (I CANNOT REMEMBER !) agreed to receive NEWSLETTERS about/from Axcrypt is the ONLY possibility I can even imagine, but I cannot even be sure of that. I was and AM perfectly satisfied with my free Axcrypt version I’ve had and used for years and have no need nor interest in changing things. So, my question is: IF I do nothing and this “AXCRYPT ID Account” is then deleted, as the note states, does that mean I will LOSE all access to my files that are encrypted/protected on my system? ! I never saw anything at any time, ANYWHERE that made mention of such a situation or such a “possibility” along with any offer. PLEASE let me know what the situation clearly is.

These statements (from the email) are what concern me most at the moment: “We’re about to delete your AxCrypt ID!” “… we’ll be removing you permanently from our system.”

WHAT exactly does it mean if that (deleting my ID and removing me completely) happens?

Thanks & Regards, Gene

PLEASE SEE the EMAIL NOTE (from Axcrypt) IMMEDIATELY BELOW :

We’re about to delete your AxCrypt ID!
You gave us your e-mail as part of installing or using AxCrypt, through an app or the web. We sent you an verification code via e-mail, but you’ve not used it. If you do not immediately verify your AxCrypt ID account by using the verification code we’ll be removing you permanently from our system.

Your verification code is 1Wn2IIPc5PBz .

Verify AxCrypt ID

You can start your trial of AxCrypt Premium features for 30 days in the app!

You do not need to respond or do anything. If you do nothing, no more e-mails will be sent and your AxCrypt ID account will be deleted permanently.

Thanks for using AxCrypt!
– Svante
The AxCrypt team

If it is unclear why you are receiving this from AxCrypt.net, you can ignore this email or report it to support@axcrypt.net.