Forums Community Will I lose access to my files if my AxCrypt ID account is hacked? Reply To: Will I lose access to my files if my AxCrypt ID account is hacked?

#5208 Reply

Craig

Gene,

When you sign up to AxCrypt 2 you’re required to enter your email address when you start the program. You then have to enter a verification code which is sent by email. Once you’ve done this you decide upon a password and that’s that. There’s  a a free version of AxCrypt 2 and a paid version.

AxCrypt 1.7 is a different piece of software which works differently. No sign-up was required and the software was free.

If your files are encrypted with AxCrypt 1.7 then they’ll continue to be permanently accessible.

If your files are encryption with AxCrypt 2 (unlikely because you’re saying you didn’t enter the verification code) then your AxCrypt 2 ID will be deleted. Any files can still be decrypted providing you don’t forget your password.

My guess is that you’ve installed AxCrypt 2 when you actually want to use AxCrypt 1.7.

Capital letters indicate you’re shouting and it makes it difficult to understand your question.