Forums Help & support Unexpected Error! Exception during processing Access to path 'C:\xxx' denied Reply To: Unexpected Error! Exception during processing Access to path 'C:\xxx' denied

#5408 Reply

Gary

Thanks for the information and feedback re protecting the files from corruption.  I appreciate it.  Here’s the reason I was wanting to encrypt a file in C\program files (x86).

I have an old application that I use to store my passwords and I use the security features of the application which is just a simple password within the app to see them.  The application files are in a sequence of subfolders within the Program Files (x86) directory.  I found which file holds my password info and just for fun tried to open it with Notepad… and the darned thing opened !!  There they were, plain as day.  So that is what I am trying to encrypt.  My plan was to encrypt, then dencrypt when I need to use the app to see them.  So I am not encrypting any Windows files, just this one application file which happens to be in the Program Files directory.

I also tried opening the file with Notepad using a “standard” (non-admin) user profile and they still opened, so they would be visible to anyone.

I haven’t tried your latest suggestions yet, just thought I’d let you know why I was trying to do this.