Forums Help & support Unexpected Error! Exception during processing Access to path 'C:\xxx' denied Reply To: Unexpected Error! Exception during processing Access to path 'C:\xxx' denied

#5410 Reply

Rick

If I were you Gary, and if it’s not too much of an inconvenience, I would strongly recommend using a proper password manager instead of relying upon an “old application” which stores your password in a file that can be opened and viewed in Notepad

KeePass is excellent, free and open source. It can also import most data types (so you don’t need to manually re-enter everything) and it encrypts your data as well as providing auto-complete functionality.

Another, although much more basic, password manager is Password Safe originally by Bruce Schneier – it’s also free and open source.

As Svante has mentioned it’s never a good idea to tamper with Windows permissions.

Back to your original question the instructions on the ‘Ten Forums’ would probably achieve your goal; there’s really no other way of bypassing Windows’ protection – it’s there for a reason and users are strongly discouraged from interfering with it.

Onto your other question I don’t believe AxCrypt 2 supports command line operation yet which would preclude you from making a batch file. Realistically your two options are therefore:

• Move your encrypted data file out of a system critical area of the hard drive
  • Migrate your data into a modern, more secure application.