Forums Community Can I Require Password Everytime? Reply To: Can I Require Password Everytime?

#5492 Reply

Svante
Spectator

Hello Rudi,

We do listen, trust me, we do. However, we do not have unlimited resources, and must prioritize. We may not agree on the priorities, but that’s up to us. Or to you – AxCrypt is open source, add the feature you want, or pay someone to do it for you if you don’t have the skills personally. Then ask us to add it to the product which we may do if it’s a good change or for example something on our own to-do list that you just can’t wait for us to fix.

About different passwords. Unfortunately, this is just plain not a good idea. Please consider – what is really the benefit of using a weak password for anything? What is the harm in using a strong password for everything?

About reverting from 2.1.x to 1.7.x. You should decrypt all files opened with AxCrypt 2, as the file format is automatically upgraded and this file format is not recognized by AxCrypt 1.7.x. Then, re-encrypt with the old version afterwards.