I downloaded AxCrypt2 from Softpedia as some people in my organisation use the software. Everybody uses a VPN so I’m confident our connection wasn’t being tampered with.
When I downloaded AxCrypt I got a Windows Smartscreen warning so I stopped and searched on Google and found this forum. I followed the instructions on here to find the signing date and it was the Jan 5, 2017.
I checked this website and the file hash was different.
I therefore downloaded it from here instead.
I emailed Softpedia but didn’t get a reply although the version on there now has the correct hash (I downloaded it again today to see if the problem was there.)