Forums Community Sharing Data Reply To: Sharing Data

#6058 Reply

Eddie

@Captain Quirk

This is a user forum, I’m a user and not part of the AxCrypt staff contingent.

My answer to the question posed to the original poster (Rob) was:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If the first user is using 256bit encryption, will the second user be able to read it given they use the free product (max 128bit?) or will they need to subscribe?</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>Yes.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>To share a file you need to be a premium user.
Example: Alice (a free user) cannot share a file with Bob (a premium user)
However, Bob can share any file with Alice and she can open it (even if it’s encrypted using AES-256).
The level of encryption is irrelevant because only premium users can share.</p>

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I answered yes to the first part of the question (in bold) and then gave an explanation of the times when an individual needs to subscribe. I could have replied “Yes and Yes” but that’d confuse the answer and pedantry to that degree doesn’t help your average user. The answer was technically accurate; it’s the syntactical correctness that you’re unhappy about.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>The person asking the question wasn’t confused by my reply and understand it in context of the question. Many people on here don’t speak English as their first answer and have other things to worry about. There is a forum dedicated to the English language where you can debate such matters to your heart’s content.</p>