Forums Community AxCrypt 2.0 and 1.7 Reply To: AxCrypt 2.0 and 1.7

#6148 Reply

Dave

Once again, thanks for the quick replies to my post and for the clear answers.  Thanks for clearing up my confusion regarding tying the application configuration to an email address.  Also, while it is too bad that you no longer support the ability to easily encrypt different files with different passwords, I can appreciate your motivation for keeping things simple.  If it’s simple, people should use it.  The challenge, I believe, that you are having with your existing customer base, is that many of them are very technical and they have no problem selecting and using different passwords to send files (in the fashion they like) to other people.  I’m going to try to make the change to 2.x while still hoping that you will eventually build in the ability to encrypt files with a “temporary password” which is different than the master password.  It was your Version 1.x feature that first attracted me to your product in the first place and to have that taken completely away is dissapointing.

Thanks again for the great work the team is doing.  Here’s to hoping that it takes off with the masses and that it becomes a profitable enterprise.

Dave