Forums Community AxCrypt 2.0 and 1.7 Reply To: AxCrypt 2.0 and 1.7

#6589 Reply

Doug

Version 1.7 worked great, on Windows 7 and Windows 10.  I tried Version 2 lately, and find it to be complicated and confusing.  Worse than that, it has created an icon on my Windows menu that allows anyone to click it and up comes a window that shows any user the list of filenames that I have recently accessed.  This is just not acceptable – there seems to be no way to remove this list.

Right clicking on any file in V1 gave a menu item to Clear Passphrase Memory, very important.  This seems to be missing in V2.

I also say it is confusing because the first time I try to run V2 it asks me to create a long password, and there is no explanation offered in the Help feature, as to how this password is to be used.   Will that password be used to encrypt the files on my local PC?  If so, why does it need to be sent out over the internet and if not, why the very strict rules for password creation?

What actually happened in my case, after I entered a “green” password, nothing happened when I clicked the continue button – after 10 minutes I gave up.

I think these are several issues that should be fixed on V2, otherwise I’ll stick with V1.  But as free software, I do totally appreciate having use of V1.7 for several years and think it was a wonderful development.