Forums Community AxCrypt 2.0 and 1.7 Reply To: AxCrypt 2.0 and 1.7

#6616 Reply

Jack

Version 1.7 has two main features I use: easy and secure encryption, and quick file wipe. To get the file wipe and more secure 256-bit encryption with version 2.0, I need to upgrade to the paid version. OK, I’m glad to support software development and, being a retired developer myself, I buy lots of software. So I was just about to upgrade and buy 2.0 but then I found that I can’t buy it, I can only *rent* it. In other words, I’ll need to pay 24 euros for it, then next year pay again, etc., ad infinitum.  Paying for upgrades is one thing, paying continuously for the same software is something else.

Sadly, I searched for something else. To my surprise, there are great encryption programs out there, easy to use, quite secure, and some do file management; most are one-time payments and others are free. And there are great file wipers too, and many are free or one time purchase. So I tested a few and found good replacements for AxCrypt, and finally uninstalled AxCrypt.

I did it with sadness because I had become quite fond of it. But I don’t miss it, and I have to thank you for the motivation to look for replacements. Now I have all the features I need and I only have to pay for upgrades.