Forums Help & support axcrypt sign in Reply To: axcrypt sign in

#7338 Reply

ttg

I’m happy to add my voices to the above. While this is a good OPTION, it makes no sense to require it. Why not simply allow users to specify different passwords for different files, and have each file ask for a password when it is opened? This could apply to many things, including files that require certain intellectual property rights, private files like financial documents, legal files like HIPAA other attorney files, etc. Meaning, if my wife or child or coworker uses my computer and I haven’t put it to sleep, they could potentially access files that they are legally not allowed to do. In my own field, as a researcher, often interviews and other data are sensitive and protected by institutional review boards. But I’d also like to encrypt financial files and leave those accessible to my beneficiaries, etc. AxCrypt is making some really big assumptions about how their users use the files, and then above when users have complained, you’re arguing with them about their perceptions of use. But who CARES if your users perceive security in a different way than you do? The job of a good programmer is to suit user needs and desires, not their own preconceived notions. I used to love this program, but I will probably go back to the old version or switch systems. I’m particularly annoyed that old passwords have been “updated” to reflect the new one, which I can never remember anyway since the password rules were different.