Forums Bugs & issues Encountering issues when making changes to encrypted files on file server Reply To: Encountering issues when making changes to encrypted files on file server

#7714 Reply

Bryan

Svante,

I believe I’ve isolated the issue to the Macs.  The temporary local decrypted files are not being deleted after I’m done editing, even after fully closing Word / Excel, and even after clicking the red broom icon.  This is happening on both of the Macs.  Thus, on each Mac there is a decrypted copy of every AxCrypt-encrypted file I’ve ever opened on the Mac (which obviously isn’t ideal).  This is the case not only for AxCrypt-encrypted files saved in the shared folder on the server, but also for AxCrypt-encrypted files saved locally on the Macs.

Although the temporary decrypted files are not being deleted, is appears that AxCrypt is properly re-encrypting any updates to the shared encrypted files, as saved updates are immediately visible when a file is accessed from the Windows server.

The Windows version of AxCrypt is not experiencing this issue.  I’ve confirmed that all of the temporary local decrypted files are being properly deleted when I’m done editing.