Forums Help & support Account Encryption Password versus File Encryption Password Reply To: Account Encryption Password versus File Encryption Password

#9354 Reply

Biu55

Dear Svante,

Many thanks for your reply and explanation.

However, the articles and holy grails you refer to all assume that the users of encryption software are stupid or negligent, which is probably true to a certain extend.

However, I have a very simple scenario where we have one password protected file which is only accessible to my wife and myself and another which is also accessible to our children. This is not such an unusual scenario nor is it particularly stupid and the fact that it is working for us, does show that it is possible to remember more than one strong password.

Software should be flexible and be able to accommodate a variety of usage scenarios, irrespective of holy grails and treasured industry beliefs. It is the users who decide whether software is suitable.

A holy grail is only valid for as long as somebody doesn’t come up with a better solution and clinging to it while you drown is pointless.

With kind regards,

Biu