Forums Community Unhappy with version 2 Reply To: Unhappy with version 2

#9911 Reply

Svante
Spectator

Hello,

As Daniel has already pointed out, you clearly state an equivalence between “f…d up” and “monetizing“.

All I can say is that after 15 years of trying and hoping for change, I can definitely state that having 10 million people using my software for free did not pay my bills. AxCrypt 1, at it’s best, earned about 10-20 dollars a week in voluntary donations. That’s from 5 000 to 10 000 downloads a week or more.

But, even so, we continue offer AxCrypt 2 for free with a feature set that is almost identical to AxCrypt 1 (which we also still have available for download). Click-by-click and keystroke-by-keystroke, AxCrypt 2 works just like AxCrypt 1 in the most typical scenarios. It looks different, but it works pretty much the same – with some additions of course!

Since you feel so strongly about this, I suggest you take the source code of AxCrypt 1 (or 2 for that matter), which is free and available under GPL and do something about it! Perhaps pay a team of developers and designers, or do it yourself, so it works like you want it to?