Forums Community Access to AxCrypted files by third parties

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

levannak

Your website states “Ability to let others open the same secured document using their own password without any prior arrangement”. This seems to imply that third parties can have access to decrypted versions of my AxCrypted files without my permission.

I hope that interpretation is not correct. Can you please let me know what is the actual situation?

#7960 Reply

Ivan

“Ability to let others open the same secured document using their own password without any prior arrangement”

Yes, that’s right!

What this means is that if you share an encrypted file with me (another user) then I can open that file with my password. If you choose not to share the file with me, I don’t have access. Even if I managed to get hold of the file from your computer it’d be useless, because I’d need your password.

Sharing an encrypted file simply re-encrypts the file using my public key. AxCrypt does all of this automatically in the background. It removes the problem of having multiple passwords because you could share an encrypted file with a dozen different users and then revoke access of the file to all/some of the recipients.

If you want an even simpler answer, watch the official video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3KOZD-Yks

#7965 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Thank you Ivan!

#8019 Reply

Tom

Thank you Ivan, that very much helped to clarify for me the functionality.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Access to AxCrypted files by third parties
Your information: