Forums Help & support Access

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Azhaguraja B 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richard Curia

I just renewed my premium plan however I cannot access my files and your representatives have not responded to any requests. Please unlock the access denial so I can get to my files.

#12799 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Richard,

Please contact support att axcrypt dott net . Please note that it is never a requirement to purchase anything to decrypt an encrypted file on your PC or Mac. You only need to know the password.

If you are literally getting an “access denied” message, this has nothing to do with AxCrypt. You may have moved the files from a different Windows computer, and lack the NTFS permissions (google “take ownership ntfs” for more info), or you may have encrypted the files with EFS, Encrypting File System and done a password reset or re-install of Windows (google “efs access denied” for more info).

#12839 Reply

Richard Curia

Thank you for responding. I did as you instructed but it did not work. I did not change anything. My files were encrypted and I accessed them when required using my  password. Since I first started reporting this problem I have not been able to access my files. I was not getting any response to my pleas for help as there was little customer service to even ask or report a problem. I figured my subscription ran out (if it did) and no would respond since I did not renew. I renewed my subscription (whether I needed to or not)  then I got a response. Everything worked well in 2018, and in 2019, it did not. No changes have been made to my browser or file structure. As requested I took a screen shot of the error message but it would not paste. It has this at the top and then says Access is denied.

AxCrypt 2.1.1560.0

#12840 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Richard,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

AxCrypt is a file encryption software and it requires a full write access to the path when encrypting/decrypting the files.

Example:

When we are trying to delete/create a file in “E” drive “Test” folder which has a read only access to the path(E://Test).

If we delete or create a file in the path then we will get an “access denied” exception.

The same happened with AxCrypt also.

When encrypting/decrypting with the AxCrypt app, it will perform delete and create file operations. So if the file path does not a necessary access, then AxCrypt will throw an “access denied” exception.

Our representatives will respond the user’s queries as much as possible but first we will respond all the priority request(s) and then will respond normal queries. But we didn’t received any queries(except this) from your end. So please write an email to support@axcrypt.net with a detailed information about the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Access
Your information: