Forums Help & support account and password

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Prabhukumar R 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

BobG

I cannot encrypt a PDF file that I just created. I have recreated the file and have another PDF file just like it created recently and I can decrypt and re-encrypt it with no problem. I get an error message stating, “was not encrypted due to technical restrictions. This may be caused by the file extension, location or other properties.”

I have uninstalled, done a fresh download and reinstall and get the same message.

#14745 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello BobG,

AxCrypt app will encrypt most of the file types like mp4, txt, pdf, jpg, etc. Also some file types AxCrypt will not encrypt due to security reasons.

It may be the pdf file is a hidden state. So check the file properties the pdf file is hidden state or not? If hidden the file means, Please remove the access, then to encrypt the files.

If you are receiving the warning dialog frequently, please click the Don’t show this again option. After that, you never see this kind of warning.

Still, if you are facing any issues, please write an email to support@axcrypt.net  with some more information about the issue. If you can send a screenshot showing where the problem is, it often helps us understand.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: account and password
Your information: