Forums Community Automatic Re-encryption of files when AxCrypt closes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ted 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ted

I really like the program.  My concern is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to set the program to automatically re-encrypt files when the program closes.  My fear is that I will forget to re-encrypt one.  Is there a program setting to do this that I am missing?

#5868 Reply

Jack

Can’t you just open the file by double-clicking on it? AxCrypt will temporarily decrypt the file, allow you to work with it and then when you close it AxCrypt will re-encrypt it.

From your description I think you’re decrypting the file (which tells AxCrypt you want to remove the encryption) instead of just opening the file (which causes decryption and re-encryption on the fly).

#5870 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Ted,

As Jack says, this should work just like you expect it to. If you double-click to open, it will indeed be re-encrypted when you close it.

If you’re using secured folders, you can decrypt the files there and they will be re-encrypted as well when the program closes.

#5876 Reply

Ted

Hi Jack and Svante,

Thank you very much.  That solved my problem.

Ted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Automatic Re-encryption of files when AxCrypt closes
Your information: