Forums Help & support Axcript Errors out when being used via VPN

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Azhaguraja B 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Terri

Good Morning;

I have several users that access a database which is protected by Axcrypt.  When they try to access the database which resides on one of our servers via VPN they are unable to load it but when they are located in the office the database loads fine.  I have 3 people which are experiencing the same issue and I’m not sure where to begin trouble shooting.

One of the error we receive is an error occurred when security wrapping (file name) an unexpected network error has occurred.

There is also a second error that happens:

Axcrypt file Encryption has stopped working

Error Executing (file name) error in system call to secondary execute request {EN-GETTHREADEXIT] WAIT_TIMEOUT,  the operation completed successfully

#12832 Reply

Svante
    Spectator

Hello Terri,

First of all – the error messages indicate that you are using version 1.x of AxCrypt. This versions is obsolete, unmaintained and unsupported…

The scenario in question with multiple users is not one where AxCrypt may be the best choice. AxCrypt works by decrypting the file to a local location, and then when the software detects that the user is done with the file, it re-encrypts the file and copies it back to the original location.

That being said, provided the VPN is stable, it should work the same as over a local area network in the office.

You might want to try version 2.x of AxCrypt. While it works essentially the same, the way it does it is more conservative than version 1.x and it operates via the .NET file access instead of directly via Win32 (Windows native calls). In the end, it should be the same – but…

#14402 Reply

Krisztina

Good morning,

I’m using Axcrypt a lot. I create a file, use axcrypt , and then continue to work in the same file. It happened at least 3 times, that after saving, I got a message: axcrypt stopped working, and then another one: secondary execute request (en:getthereadexit) wait time out.

I did not know, what this meant, so I went home. The other day, when I tried to open the file, i saw that the last modification to the file was at the time it was created, so basically did not save the things i wrote in the word document. I tried recovering it, but it was lost in ,,space”. This document was extremely important.

Can you please tell me, what could be the problem?

I dont want this to happen again, because this is causing me a lot of extra hours at work.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

krisztina

#14403 Reply

Prabhukumar R

Hello Krisztina,

Recently you are installing any Antivirus? please check It might be happened because of some firewall/antivirus or other third-party applications are blocking the AxCrypt app. So please check the firewall or other software settings.

If you are using the latest version of AxCrypt app? If not means please uninstall the AxCrypt app and install the latest version of the AxCrypt app. You can download the same from our official website: https://forum.axcrypt.net/download/  .

Now install the AxCrypt app and try to start AxCrypting……Now Check the same again.

If the file in fact is located in a folder designated as “Secured”, it will soon be re-encrypted again since those folders are monitored for unencrypted files and will encrypt them when you sign out, or click the “Broom” clean up icon.

AxCrypt 2 uses a more robust method for the automatic re-encryption, which sometimes means you as the user have to tell AxCrypt to do it. You’ll see this by the “broom” icon becoming red. This indicates there’s something in need of “clean up”, i.e. re-encryption

So after editing the encrypted files, we have to click the broom icon or sign out from the AxCrypt app to re-encrypt the updated files.

Please note: If you opened and updated an encrypted text file with notepad and at the same time you had opened another notepad application also, then you have to close both the opened applications to re-encrypt the encrypted files. You have to close all the opened corresponding applications properly.

If the above does not help, please provide more information about the issue and write a mail to support@axcrypt.net .

You can also send the complete error report to troubleshoot the issue. Please follow the detailed instructions to take the complete error report: https://forum.axcrypt.net/blog/send-complete-error-report/ . so that we will try to troubleshoot the same as soon as possible.

#14427 Reply

Timothy

I’m unable to load my file when it’s on the server via VPN.

happy wheels unblocked

#14460 Reply

Azhaguraja B
    Keymaster

Hello Timothy,

If you are able to install and use the AxCrypt app in the server, then you can use the AxCrypt app without any issues.

To open/decrypt the encrypted files, you need the file password which was used in the file encryption process.

Unfortunately, if you do not know the password for an AxCrypt-encrypted file you cannot open it, even if you can sign in to the account. This is by design, it’s just this situation that AxCrypt is made for and it works like this even if you actually are the original owner of the file.

If you have any specific issues, please write to support@axcrypt.net.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Azhaguraja B.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Axcript Errors out when being used via VPN
Your information: